Yes, hard to believe 31. Million. Days. Off.
We want to change that by offering some little tips to make your dream vacation a reality without breaking the bank.
Here’s a couple tips….
1. Start by setting a budget. From there, you can both plan your activities and start setting aside money.
2. Arrange for an automatic deposit of a set amount from each pay cheque, into a separate account.
￼5. Use credit card rewards or loyalty rewards from hotel chains.
6. Keep your general itinerary and destination in mind when choosing accommodations. For example, if you’re sightseeing in a city, stick to budget options.
While you’re enjoying your stay, some other little tips can really add up…
- If you have access to a kitchen, take advantage of local food markets.
- Use public transportation, especially if your trip includes multiple cities or countries.
- Some attractions offer discounts if you book online ahead of time. Bonus: You might also avoid a lineup at the door.
- Look for free walking tours, parks, or pay-what-you-can museums.
- Get to know the concierge. They’re both a local and in-the-know on cheaper restaurants and activities that might be off the beaten path.
Saving and budgeting will go a long way in helping you reach your dream destination.
A little can do a lot.
1Why All Employees Should Use Their Vacation Days https://www.randstad.ca/job-seeker/job-tips/archives/why-taking-vacation-is-important_1680/ (Feb 2018)
2Hello Good Bye: https://www.cbc.ca/hellogoodbye/blog/whens-the-best-time-to-buy-a-plane-ticket (Feb 2018)
5Lonely Planet Guides: https://www.lonelyplanet.com/travel-on-a-budget