Do your clients have family or friends coming to stay? Do their guests have insurance to protect them while they’re here?
Manulife Travel Insurance for Visitors to Canada can help protect against the cost of unexpected medical emergencies that may occur during their trip in Canada. Visitors to Canada Travel Insurance can be purchased prior to their departure from home or when they first arrive in Canada.
Who can apply?
- Visitors to Canada;
- Canadians who are not eligible for benefits under a Canadian government insurance plan;
- Persons who are in Canada on a work visa or Parent and Grandparent Super Visa; or
- New immigrants who are awaiting government health insurance plan coverage.
- Provides Emergency Medical Insurance for one trip for the number of days purchased.
Travel Accident Coverage
- Included with the purchase of Emergency Medical Insurance and covers up to $50,000 for an accidental bodily injury or death.
Trip Interruption Insurance
- An optional benefit which covers the prepaid nonrefundable and non-transferable portion of the trip, should it be interrupted due to a covered event and the return to home country is required.
Levels of coverage
For clients under 70 years of age
- Eligible to apply for $15,000, $25,000, $50,000, $100,000 or $150,000 coverage.
For clients age 70 to 85 years of age
- Eligible to apply for $15,000, $25,000, $50,000, or $100,000 of coverage.
Manulife Travel Insurance for Visitors to Canada is not available to those age 86 or older.
Visitors to Canada plans
Plan A: protection that doesn't cover pre-existing medical conditions*
- Meets the requirements of the Parent and Grandparent Super Visa
- Allows you to cover your family, too**
- Cover $15,000, $25,000, $50,000, or $100,000 to age 85; cover $150,000 to age 69
* Pre-existing medical conditions are defined as conditions that existed or were treated within 180 days of the effective date of the insurance plan.
** All family members must be under 60 years. Dependent children must be at least 30 days of age.
Plan B: protection with coverage for pre-existing medical conditions
- Cover pre-existing medical conditions that have been stable for 180 days prior to the effective date
- Cover $15,000, $25,000, $50,000 or $100,000 to age 85; cover $150,000 to age 69*
* Must be at least 30 days old.
Everything you need to know to make the sale – quickly and easily!
It is a visa for parents and grandparents who want to visit their families in Canada for longer periods without having to renew their status. Applicants are required to purchase private Canadian medical insurance valid for at least one year.
Guides and forms
For a complete list of Affinity print materials, please refer to the Marketing Materials Order Form and request through the Order forms online tool on the home page (login required).