Manager mental health training is an interactive training program developed in partnership with Homewood Health™, a recognized leader in providing prevention and intervention support in the field of Employee & Family Assistance, substance abuse, addictions, and mental health. The training is designed to provide managers with the knowledge they need to create a 'mentally healthy workplace' and the skills to respond confidently and proactively when they feel an employee's psychological safety is at risk or they are showing early signs of mental illness.
Infused in the training are various practical real-life scenarios to help managers learn how to apply these skills in the workplace. The course will also help propel their understanding surrounding:
- the continuum of mental health and its impact in the workplace
- recognizing signs of possible mental health concerns in employees
- the role of prevention and tackling stigma
- workplace stress verses burnout
- the importance of early intervention and what that looks like
- responding to a mental health crisis
- how to manage performance when mental health concerns exist
- the role of accommodation and channels of support
Attendees will also receive a robust workbook with some pre-reading content and important takeaways so managers can leverage the learnings beyond their classroom time.
You will have the flexibility to choose the delivery method that best suits your organization:
- In person 4-hour workshop
- Live webinar – split into 2, two-hour segments across 2 separate dates