Synergy: It’s a life insurance policy, a disability insurance policy and a critical illness insurance policy all rolled into one easy-to-manage and affordable solution. Synergy’s unique design and special features like Health Service Navigator®, a trusted online and on-call resource for health information and health care navigation and medical second opinion service, offers your clients protection against life’s everyday risks.
With Synergy, your clients can:
- Address three insurance needs rolled into one easy-to manage, affordable plan
- Purchase a permanent life insurance plan at age 65 – no medical underwriting required*
- Stop paying premiums while on claim for a disability
- Connect to an exclusive health information and support service – anytime, anywhere
Designed to help middle-income Canadians ages 18 to 50 reduce the financial impact of income loss due to injury, illness and premature death, Synergy may be ideal for:
- Mortgage and debt protection
- Supplementing gaps in group disability, critical illness and life insurance coverage
- Stay-at-home and non-income earning parents and spouses
Clients buy between $100,000 and $500,000 of Synergy. This amount creates a pool of money called their Synergy amount of insurance from which benefits are paid. Whenever a benefit is paid, the available amount of insurance (or pool of money) reduces by that amount.
Clients can benefit from their available pool of money in three ways:
|Disability Insurance Policy||Critical Illness Insurance Policy||Life Insurance Policy|
|The monthly disability benefit amount is 0.5% of the Synergy amount of insurance.**||The covered condition benefit amount is 25% of the Synergy amount of insurance minus any Recovery Benefit paid.||The death benefit is 100% of the available amount of insurance.|
Customize Synergy with optional riders:
- Term Insurance Rider – (10 year renewable to age 65)
- Child Protection Riders (Life and critical illness)
Guides and forms
* Unavailable if a critical illness benefit has been paid. Limited to the remaining Synergy amount of insurance and Manulife’s issue limits.
**This benefit will continue to be paid while the insured is disabled until the available amount of insurance is reduced to zero.
Health Service Navigator is offered through and is a registered trademark of Manulife (The Manufacturers Life Insurance Company). Health Service Navigator is powered by WorldCare Inc. WorldCare and The WorldCare Consortium are trademarks of WorldCare Limited, used under license.