Help your plan members be ready to return to work sooner
Managing your employees’ absences at an early stage is a key factor in preventing long-term disability, minimizing disruption to your company and controlling related costs, while also supporting your plan members in their recovery. Assessing your employees’ abilities and creating return-to-work plans with targeted interventions within the first few weeks of an absence can make a significant difference—you could help bring your employees back to work sooner and healthier.
As a leader in workplace absence and disability management, Manulife helps businesses of all sizes understand how their employees’ physical and mental health can affect productivity. Our flexible, prevention-based solutions address your employees’ unique situations to support their recovery so they can continue to contribute to your company’s success.
- Absence Management Consultation Services
- Workplace injury management and services
Support mental health
Improve organizational health and reduce disability claims. Proactively foster a psychologically safe workplace to minimize the incidence of mental health issues—the number one reason plan members go on disability leave*—with a range of best-in-class tools and resources
Access the expertise of our first-in-Canada, national team of mental health professionals who advise our internal support teams
*Source: Sairenen, S., Mantzanke, D., Smeall, D. “The business case: Collaborating to help employees maintain their mental well-being.” (2011).
Disability management solutions
Support better outcomes for your plan members and your business:
- Support your plan members with Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability and specialized solutions for executives
- Help your plan members return to work as quickly and safely as possible, supported by our skilled, experienced and dedicated in-house disability experts
Absence Management Consultation Services
Help minimize the length of time a plan member is away from work due to illness and injury:
- Connect your plan members with Case Managers who step in early and strategically to ensure a safe and smooth transition back to work
- Identify and address medical and non-medical barriers for the plan member
- Give managers and plan members the support they need to make reintegration to the workplace successful
Full access to Stay-at-Work Services
Recognizing the value of prevention and early intervention, our industry-leading Stay-at-Work Services are now available as part of all Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability plans, and Absence Management Consultation Services
This suite of à la carte, specialized, prevention-focused services can help better address your employees’ unique health needs with the goal to prevent short-term disability, or support timely and safe return-to-work when disability occurs
Workplace injuries management and services
Minimize the impact to both the plan member who is injured and your business:
- Meet and comply with your provincial workers’ compensation board requirements and manage costs with comprehensive analysis, reporting and program management services
- Support plan members with effective case management, accommodation and rehabilitation
- Customize your solution by choosing a complete, integrated solution or investing in individual services that best meet your needs
Choose your group benefits plan
Speak to your Manulife representative to discuss group benefit plan options to help meet your business needs.