Personal Information Statement
In this Statement, “you” and “your” refer to the plan member or holder of rights under the contract , the insured and the parent or guardian of any child named as insured who is under the legal age for providing consent. “We”, “us”, “our” and “the Company” refer to The Manufacturers Life Insurance Company and our affiliated companies and subsidiaries.
Updates to this Statement and further information about our privacy practices are posted to www.manulife.ca.
We collect, use, verify and disclose your personal information for identified purposes, and only with your consent, or as permitted or required by law. By signing the application, you give your consent for us to collect, use, and disclose your personal information, as set out in this Personal Information Statement. Any alterations to the consent must be agreed to in writing by the Company.
What personal information do we collect?
Depending on the product you have applied for, we collect specific personal information about you such as:
- Identifying information such as your name, address, telephone number(s), email address your date of birth, or your Social Insurance Number (SIN)
- Information about how you use our products and services, and information about your preferences, demographics, and interests
- Other personal information we may require to administer our business relationship with you
- Banking and employment data to administer administer products and services
We use fair and lawful means to collect your personal information.
Where do we collect your personal information from?
- Your completed applications and forms
- Other interactions between you and the Company,
- Other sources, such as:
- Your advisor or authorized representative(s)
- Third parties with whom we deal in issuing and administering your plan/contract/account/policy now, and in the future
- Public sources, such as government agencies, and internet sites
- Your Employer/Plan Sponsor
- Other insurance carriers
What do we use your data for?
We will use your personal information to:
- Help us properly administer the products and services that we provide and to manage our relationship with you
- Confirm your identity and the accuracy of the information you provide
- Evaluate your application, and issue and administer the rights under the plan/contract/account/policy
- Comply with legal and regulatory requirements
- Understand more about you and how you like to do business with us
- Analyze data to help us understand our customers better so we can improve the products and services we provide
- Determine your eligibility for, and provide you with details of, other products or services that may be of interest to you
- Perform audits and Investigations
Who do we disclose your information to?
- Persons, financial institutions and other parties with whom we deal in issuing and administering your plan/contract/account/policy now, and in the future
- Authorized employees, agents and representatives
- Your advisor and any agency which has entered into an agreement with us and has supervisory authority, directly or indirectly, over your advisor, and their employees
- Any person or organization to whom you gave consent
- People who are legally authorized to view your personal information
- Service providers who require this information to perform their services for us (for example data processing, programming, data storage, market research, printing and distribution services and investigative agencies)
The abovementioned people, organizations and service providers are both within Canada and jurisdictions outside Canada, and would therefore be subject to the laws of those jurisdictions.
Where personal information is provided to our service providers, we require them to protect the information in a manner that is consistent with our privacy policies and practices.
How long do we keep your information?
The longer of:
- the time period required by law and by guidelines set for the financial services industry, and
- the time period required to administer the products and services we provide.
Withdrawing your consent
You may withdraw your consent for us to use your SIN or Business Number, if applicable, for non-tax administration purposes. You may also withdraw your consent for us to use your personal information to provide you with other service or product offerings, excluding those mailed with your statements.
You may not withdraw your consent for us to collect, use, retain or disclose personal information we need to issue or administer the plan/contract/account/policy unless federal or provincial laws give you this right. If you do so, a plan/contract/account/policy may not be issued and benefits will not be payable under the plan/contract/account or we may treat your withdrawal of consent as a request to terminate the plan/contract/account.
If you wish to withdraw your consent, phone our customer care centre at 1-888-MANULIFE (626-8543), or 1-888-MANUVIE (626-8843) in Quebec, or write to the Privacy Officer at the address below.
Accuracy and Access
You will notify us of any change to your contact information. You have the right to access and verify your personal information maintained in our files, and to request any factually inaccurate personal information be corrected, if appropriate. If you have a question, a concern, wish to receive more information about parties who have access to your information or about our privacy policies and procedures, and/or wish to review your personal information in our files or correct any inaccuracies, you may send a written request to:
500 King Street N
Waterloo, ON N2J 4C6
Please note the security of email communication cannot be guaranteed. Do not send us information of a private or confidential nature by email. By contacting us via email you are authorizing us to communicate with you by email.