Updated: March 17, 2020
In late December, several cases of pneumonia were reported in Wuhan City, Hubei Province of China. Chinese authorities confirmed that they had identified a new coronavirus (a family of viruses that range from the common cold to more severe viruses). Since then, it has spread outside of the region with some cases reported in Canada and other countries.
Check the Government of Canada’s website for the latest on this developing situation.
Tips for dealing with market volatility
When markets go down, our instincts tell us we should do something. But what’s the best approach?
Want to let your members know?
Our online options are safe, efficient and reliable
Our websites and mobile applications offer you and your members a safe and reliable way to interact with your plans. You can also manage your plan through our plan administrator sites, eliminating the need for paper or post.
Plan members can register for the secure site and download the Manulife Mobile app.
If you have any questions about your online administration options for Group Retirement Solutions, please contact your Client Relationship Manager (1-888-713-7788).
What is the Novel Coronavirus?
- Common symptoms include fever, cough, shortness of breath and breathing difficulties.
- There is no specific treatment or vaccine presently available.
What can you do to prevent the spread of the virus?
- wash your hands regularly
- cover your mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing
- thoroughly cook all meat and eggs
- avoid close contact with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness
Travelling to affected regions:
- We recommend that you do not travel to affected regions. Reconsider any non-essential travel to regions where the Novel Coronavirus has been reported.
- Look online for the Government of Canada’s latest travel advice.