Defined contribution registered pension plan (DC RPP)
A structured option to help plan members save for retirement
You want to give your plan members the opportunity to invest for the future and save–and you want to do this while managing business expenses. A defined contribution registered pension plan (DC RPP) allows you to do both, while requiring minimum employer contributions.
What does a DC RPP offer?
- Tax deductible contributions
- Plan sponsor and plan member contributions and investment earnings accumulate tax-deferred until they are withdrawn, subject to federal and provincial legislation
- Retirement income based on contributions and investment earnings
- Assets are generally locked-in and must be used to provide retirement income—a key consideration when deciding whether to choose a registered pension plan (RPP) or a registered retirement savings plan (RRSP).
Our complete, integrated and affordable DC RPP solution:
- Helps plan members grow their savings, often with lower investment management fees
- Offers plan members options no matter what their investment knowledge or interest level—from simple to customized solutions
Choose your group benefits plan
Speak to your Manulife representative to discuss group retirement plan options to help meet your business needs.