Ready, set, blend!
Spending more time than usual at home has brought on some new food and drink trends that can be seen all over social media.
But don’t forget your greens!
Move over banana bread and whipped coffee – it’s the smoothie’s time to shine. Give the Manulife Mix a try. It’s delicious and nutritious!
Some things to keep in mind:
- Have fun experimenting. There’s plenty of ways to add more nutritional value by including flaxseeds, chia seeds, and ground nuts too.
- If you prefer other darker, leafier greens, like kale instead of spinach, by all means switch it up.
- Be conscious when using liquid ingredients outside of water. Fruit juices can contain added sugar and provide empty calories. You can easily reduce the juice portion by cutting it in half (or more) to maintain some flavouring and top up the rest with water.
Manulife Mix (2 servings)
1. Add ½ cup (125 ml) frozen mango
2. 1 cup (250ml) apple juice (no sugar added) OR ½ cup (1258ml) apple juice (no sugar added) and ½ cup water.
3. ½ cup (125 ml) green grapes (seedless)
4. Some spinach leaves
5. Ice cubes to taste (optional)
Simply mix all the ingredients in a blender until you achieve your preferred texture, pour and enjoy!
P.S. – Smoothies are great for kids too.
Although not a meal replacement, this smoothie is rich in fibre and Vitamin C.