Let’s help your members get Claim Smart!
You know that false or embellished claims can put benefits plans at risk. Fraud increases costs for you, can lead to reduced benefits for your members, and even job losses and criminal records. During Fraud Prevention Month, we all have a chance to raise awareness and reinforce positive behaviours.
Claim Smart tools and resources
To get started, check out the microsites for you at manulife.ca/planprotect and your plan members at manulife.ca/protect. These sites have great resources and tools to help you educate, engage, and empower your members to help prevent benefits fraud and abuse.
On the plan sponsor microsite:
- Ready-to-launch campaigns on fraud-related issues: downloadable e-mails, cards, flyers and posters
- Our approach to fraud prevention
- Information you and your members need to make smart choices
- Link to fraudisfraud.ca, a program set up by the Canadian Life and Health Insurance Association (CHLIA). Fraud = Fraud was created to educate Canadians about benefits fraud so they can recognize it, refuse it, and report it. All major Canadian insurers support this program, including Manulife.
On the member microsite:
- Educational flyers on popular topics such as …
- How to choose a service provider
- Taking the right steps before and after making a claim
- What to be aware of when you visit the dentist
- Tips for making the most of your drug plan
- What a delisted provider is and what to do
- Interactive Claim Smart quiz that asks, “What would you do …?”
- “Share & protect” digital reporting form. Plan members can use the form to submit tips and details about benefit fraud and abuse.
Why is benefits fraud a serious issue?
Everything from a plan member’s personal information, the types and amounts of coverage they receive, to their job security is at risk.
It’s disturbing to learn that, since the pandemic began early last year, there’s been a whole new wave of fraud directly related to COVID-19.
- Donna Carbell, Head of Manulife Group Benefits, shares her thoughts on Fraud Prevention Month.
Fraud Prevention Month is an ideal opportunity to educate, engage, and empower your members to help prevent, identify, and report potential fraud or misuse of their benefits.
If you have any questions, contact your Manulife representative.