Quebec vision care program for children under 18 now available
As of September 1, 2019, RAMQ will reimburse $250 per two-year period for the purchase of prescription eyeglasses or contact lenses for any child under 18 through the new financial assistance program See Better to Succeed.
- The amount does not vary with the cost of the purchase and can only be claimed once within a two-year period that starts on the date of purchase
- To be eligible, eyeglasses or contact lenses must be purchased from a merchant in Quebec and the child must meet the following conditions:
- Be under 18 on the date the eyeglasses or contact lenses were purchased
- Be insured under Quebec’s public health insurance plan
- Have received a prescription for corrective eyeglasses or contact lenses during an eye exam conducted by an authorized optometrist or ophthalmologist
Note: the eye exam is already covered by Quebec’s public health insurance plan for children under 18.
The program will also pay for children who are covered under private insurance plans. Plan sponsors should encourage employees to take advantage of the program before claiming under their group plan.
Visit RAMQ site for additional information.
Please contact your Manulife Representative.