Help protect your family, your home and your savings if you’re unable to work
One in three Canadians will be disabled for 90 days or more before age 65.1 If that were to happen to you, would you have trouble keeping up with your mortgage payments? Many people would, which is why mortgage disability insurance is so important. If you are totally disabled for 60 days or more, it will cover your monthly mortgage payments so you can focus on getting better.
- Coverage up to $10,000/month for a combined maximum of 24 months
- Includes a bonus disability payment to help you get back on your feet once you return to work if you haven't already received the maximum number of payments
- Can be complemented with mortgage life insurance
- To apply, you must be a Canadian resident age 18 to 64 and a borrower, co-borrower or guarantor for a residential mortgage
- Everyone is eligible for some level of protection
Ready to buy?
Talk to your mortgage broker or mortgage provider.
1 Canada Life and Health Insurance Association, A guide to disability insurance, January 2016