NEW! OHIP+ update
Effective January 1, 2018, Ontario residents who are 24 years old or younger will be able to receive some prescription medications for free under the OHIP+ program. Medications currently on the Ontario Drug Benefit Formulary and eligible Exceptional Access Drugs may be covered.
Plan sponsors - advise your plan members:
- Manulife is reaching out to members (via email and Canada Post) who may be affected by OHIP+ about the actions they need to take – this will help them (or their dependants) get uninterrupted access to their prescription drugs
- Manulife is doing our best to reach affected members based on their contact information we have on file; if members are concerned that Manulife doesn’t have up-to-date contact information – they should contact Manulife immediately
- Plan members or dependants impacted by OHIP+ (24 years old or under):
- Must submit all eligible drugs claims to OHIP+ for payment; if OHIP+ doesn’t cover the entire cost, the claim may be eligible for coverage under the member’s Manulife Benefits plan
- May need to visit their prescribing doctor before getting covered by OHIP+
- May need to get approval from the Ontario Ministry of Health for their prescription claims under OHIP+; if such claims are declined, they may be eligible for coverage by Manulife
Ask members to watch their mail and email for instructions from Manulife.
Manulife is working closely with the Ministry of Health. Members should check the plan member message center on the Manulife secure member site for OHIP+ updates.