Emergency Travel Assistance is going digital!
May 16, 2022
For business owners, plan administrators, and sponsors
We’ve got great news for you and your members. Our Emergency Travel Assistance (ETA) provider, Allianz Global Assistance, has introduced virtual care. This means travelling members may now be referred to a virtual care solution depending on their situation and location. Virtual care lets members access quality healthcare support -while potentially avoiding visiting the hospital or emergency room.
Here’s how it can help:
- Enhanced experience for your members: A digital solution means your members can get quality healthcare support faster – and potentially get back to enjoying their vacation sooner.
- Reduced risk for your members: With virtual care, members may avoid some of the risk and stress involved in a hospital visit – removing the need for transportation and reducing the risk of contagion for example.
- Helping support sustainability: Virtual care helps ensure your plan can continue to provide members with cost-effective sustainable travel coverage – and helps ensure Emergency Rooms are kept for serious emergencies.
Two solutions in one to support members
There are two different ETA virtual care solutions: TeleConsultation and TeleAdvice. Members may be referred to one or the other based on their unique needs.
- With TeleConsultation, members talk to a local doctor in the country they are visiting – for when a prescription is likely required.
- With TeleAdvice, members talk directly with an Allianz Global Assistance doctor in North America who can provide diagnosis and advice.
Digital experiences can make things easier
Virtual Care for ETA is another great example of how introducing more digital experiences in your plan is helping make your members’ lives easier. It is also an example of how your plan can support better member health – by design.
If you have any questions about Allianz Global Assistance Virtual Care or Emergency Travel Assistance coverage, please contact your Manulife representative.
Emergency Travel Assistance is offered through Manulife Financial, is provided and underwritten by Allianz Global Risks US Insurance Company (Canadian Branch), and administered by Allianz Global Assistance.
Manulife, Manulife and Stylized M Design, and Stylized M Design are trademarks of The Manufacturers Life Insurance Company and are used by it, and by its affiliates under license. ©2022 The Manufacturers Life Insurance Company. All rights reserved. PO Box 2580 STN B Montreal QC H3B 5C6.