Proguard – Proguard Plus RS5
Original line of business: Aetna
Updated on: Dec 14, 2018
- Proguard is designed to meet the income replacement needs of the majority of professionals, executives, business owners and administrators.
- It only covers regular occupation and residual plan.
- Proguard Plus combines into one plan the features of the "own occupation" and "residual" plans.
- Under the "own occupation" definition, Proguard Plus will pay a full income benefit if the insured cannot engage in his/her regular occupation because of accident or sickness, even if the insured is engaged full time in another occupation. Earnings from the new occupation will not reduce total disability benefits.
- Under the "residual" definition, Proguard Plus will pay a monthly benefit for periods of partial disability even if the insured has returned to his/her occupation but at a reduced earnings level. Residual benefits are paid if the income level is 80% or less of the insured's former earnings level and only after a continuous period of total disability.
Basic product information
Premium paying period
Proguard and Proguard Plus provide non-cancellable, guaranteed coverage. Renewable to age 65 protection
Values, loans & withdrawals
Non forfeiture option: Yes
A period of 30 days grace from and excluding the day on which the premium is due will be allowed for the payment of each premium after the first. The policy will terminate if any premium remains unpaid after the grace period
Reduced paid up
Riders & benefits
Premium offset/holiday: N/A
If this policy has been terminated for non-payment of a renewal premium, it may be reinstated within 6 months by written application with evidence satisfactory to the company of the good health and insurability of the person insured