Under the Health for Life® umbrella, Workplace Advisor provides an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) that is designed to support small business owners. This solution includes access to short-term employee counselling, and provides an effective way for small business owners to help create and maintain a healthy working environment, manage employee issues, reduce absenteeism, and promote productivity in the workplace. Workplace Advisor is available to all AlphaPlus® clients at no additional cost.
The core of EAP is the counselling:
- 90% of the counsellors hold a PhD in psychology
- Based on a short-term model – no cap on hours but most sessions delivered in 4-6 hours
- Unlimited access – plan members can access as often as they require
- Only 5% referral to long-term counselling
- Evidence-based clinical treatment for mental health issues
- CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy)
- Face-to-face (93%), by telephone, e-counselling
- Eldercare/childcare support service
- Online courses (currently 17)
- Online Human Resources Library
- Crisis management (trauma response); defusing and debriefing
Note* Utilization reports are not available for Workplace Advisor in adherence to privacy and confidentiality regulations since these groups are typically under 25 lives.
There are no fees. It’s a complimentary benefit to all Alpha Clients.
Differentiators for Workplace Advisor:
Competitors that offer an Employee Assistance Program for the small case market typically make it available through a referral service or through their LTD benefit. The Workplace Advisor product through Manulife offers a full service short- term counselling model (average of 4-6 sessions) with unlimited access for any issues. The delivery of the counselling service is available by telephone, online or in person.