Proguard – Proguard Plus RS7
Original line of business: Aetna
Updated on: Dec 14, 2018
- Proguard is designed to meet the income replacement needs of the majority of professionals, executives, business owners and administrators.
- It only covers regular occupation and residual plan.
- Proguard Plus combines into one plan the features of the "own occupation" and "residual" plans.
- Under the "own occupation" definition, Proguard Plus will pay a full income benefit if the insured cannot engage in his/her regular occupation because of accident or sickness, even if the Insured is engaged full time in another occupation. Earnings from the new occupation will not reduce total disability benefits.
- Under the "residual" definition, Proguard Plus will pay a monthly benefit for periods of partial disability even if the insured has returned to his/her occupation but at a reduced earnings level. Residual benefits are paid if the income level is 80% or less of the insured's former earnings level and only after a continuous period of total disability.
Basic product information
Product administration guide: N/A
Sample contract: N/A
Dividend options: N/A
Product administration guide
Product guide available in English only
Sample contracts available in English only
Premium paying period
Proguard and Proguard Plus provide non-cancellable, guaranteed renewable to age 65 protection
Values, loans & withdrawals
Non forfeiture option: Yes
Please verify policy contract
Reduced paid up
Riders & benefits
Premium offset/holiday: N/A